Request to customise radius Called-station-ID for switches

DevOps_RC
Getting noticed

Request to customise radius Called-station-ID for switches

Could we please have the ability to customise the Called-station-ID when configuring access policies on switches, similar to the options we have for wireless policies:

DevOps_RC_0-1718875472985.png

At the moment, this is a fixed value:

• Called-Station-Id: Contains the MAC address of the Meraki MS switch (all caps, octets separated by hyphens)

Even if it could include TAGs by default would help when configuring our radius server policies. We currently assign Vlans for wireless endpoints and these are determined depending on which device/site is making the request (TAG identifier) as well as which authenticating AD/Group the endpoint belongs too. We would need to import every switch MAC address into our radius server and then group them into the different site/device types, in order to ensure the correct dynamic vlan is assigned. While this is possible, the on-going maintenance of this will be problematic, whereas if we could include the TAGs of the switch, we wouldn't need to make the changes on our Radius server.

I hope this makes sense.

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm almost sure it's not possible, have you consulted Meraki support?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
kchand
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello,

The requested feature is not available with the MS access policies. Although the feature is not available currently, we encourage you to use the Meraki dashboard to "Give your feedback" and submit a feature request. You can submit a feature request at the bottom of any dashboard page.

Any wish that is made sends an email to our Product Managers and Development Teams. These wishes are taken into consideration and are used to help shape our product roadmaps. The most wished-for items are incorporated into product development. 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
DevOps_RC
Getting noticed

Thanks for the responses and advice on how to make requests. I've submitted my 'feedback' requesting this functionality/feature. I appreciate this wasn't the correct location to make the request, but I was curious to see if anyone else would want it or not, even though I didn't ask if anyone else thought it would be useful. 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels