transition from cisco 3650 to meraki MS120-48P

Ranti13
Conversationalist

transition from cisco 3650 to meraki MS120-48P

Hi,

I'm trying to transition from Cisco 3650 switches to Meraki ms120-48p switches. 

Here is what the connection looks like in the current scenario. my concern is would I be able to do all these with Meraki ms120?

do you see anything that might not work?

Connection_Diagram.png

Thanks!

8 Replies 8
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

The MS120-48 wont do any routing. You would need an MS-250 the least if you're trying to match it. 

Enthusiast
Ranti13
Conversationalist

I'm not doing any routing on the switch. it's all layer 2 switching. 

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MS120 supports STP , LACP , VLANs and Stacking ( virtual )so I don't see why it wouldn't tbh.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Agreed, with the exception that virtual stacking won't allow the creation of cross-switch LACP port-channels (assuming that's what Po1 and Po2 are).

Ranti13
Conversationalist

Good point. Has anyone tested this and can confirm, that it doesn't work? It's not a huge deal even if I have to use a single switch for the aggregation.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Virtual stacking is for ease of switch management rather than data-plane switching.

It is not the same as typical switch stacking.

You'd need to look at other models (MS2xx, MS3xx, MS4xx, C9xxM) series for switch stacking capabilities.

meraki.cisco.com/product-collateral/ms-family-datasheet/?file

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In your place I would use a Catalyst 9200 with IOS XE.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels