Problem with the Dashboard platform when I try to modify any DHCP item and also the Group Policies

SOLVED
Sistemas_SLG
Here to help

Problem with the Dashboard platform when I try to modify any DHCP item and also the Group Policies

Hello to the whole community!

I currently have a problem with the Cisco Meraki Dashboard platform, when I try to modify an item in the DHCP section and also in the Group Policies section.

I associate this problem with the modification of any VLAN since an error message appears when trying to modify any mentioned element.

It is worth mentioning that I have a Meraki MX-100.

Below is the image of the error so that please guide me in solving the problem.

Error UTM.png

I appreciate your cooperation!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You probably have a firewall rule that references that subnet, which doesn't exist on the addressing and VLANs page. You'll need to go delete that FW rule before you can make any changes.

The error is part of Meraki's config validation checks. Often it's triggered when you're making changes that have nothing to do with the error it's detected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You probably have a firewall rule that references that subnet, which doesn't exist on the addressing and VLANs page. You'll need to go delete that FW rule before you can make any changes.

The error is part of Meraki's config validation checks. Often it's triggered when you're making changes that have nothing to do with the error it's detected.

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Based on the provided info I think you're probably trying to reserve addresses in the DHCP server that are not part of the subnet for that VLAN.

Your subnet is defined as 192.168.1.0/24 so that means usable addresses are 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.254 (that last one would most likely become your MX address).

If you're trying to reserve for example 192.168.0.0 up to 192.168.0.64, then that's an invalid configuration because those addresses aren't even part of your subnet and won't be handed out by DHCP anyway.

What you could do to solve it is make your subnet for that VLAN larger. For example (but not limited to) 192.168.0.0/23 instead of 192.168.1.0/24. Then you can use your desired reserved range to 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.0.64.

Thank you very much for answering!

Indeed, a firewall rule that referred to that subnet, did not exist in the MX. When the rule or policy is erased, changes are being made normally on the platform.

With respect to the subnet addresses and their reservation, I will have to create new ranges to correct the ones I had to erase.

Greetings and a thousand thanks again!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels