Port setting

JustinGA
Getting noticed

Port setting

Hi everyone,

We have the following setup:

Cisco 9372 -----------------------Meraki ms250 ---------- rockwell switch with 7-10 clients/machines plugged into it.

Currently, I have that port on the ms250 as an access port / vlan 200 but no STP guard set...

Would this be the recommended config? or is there a better way to set it up?

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are talking about the port between 9372 and MS, the ideal is to configure it in trunk mode, and enable STP, remembering that root must have a higher priority.

This is actually the basics.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

talking about the port on the MS to the rockwell

I don't know this switch, is it manageable? If not, leave it as it is. Otherwise, I recommend following what I said earlier.

If you don't have experience with networks, I suggest hiring a consultant.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

it is not manageable...

i do have some experience.. trying to get everything right, just asking for advice.

Since it's not manageable, I suggest leaving it as it is, as it shouldn't have any STP functionality.

JacekJ
Building a reputation

If the switch doesn't know STP (or you are not sure) then I would enable BPDU Guard on that port.

Setting an BPDU Guard on access ports is a good practice.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Like JacekJ said , I would enable bpdu guard or root guard. You want to control the STP topology and prevent people from sending unwanted bpdu.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@alemabrahao I am sure that you didn't mean to come across as you have. 

This is a community for customers, integrators, distributors and employees, so all questions are good.  The main reason we moved to Meraki is that you don't need consultants for most things and can just get on with supporting your business, so please don't be harsh with questions like this, that I (even as an All Star) was interested in what the best answer would be.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels