Policy based routing on an MS Switch stack

MXITCA
Conversationalist

Policy based routing on an MS Switch stack

Hi

We have an MS425 core aggregation stack with several VLANs on it configured and several access stacks lower in the topology using these VLANs, now we need to be able to use policy based routing on that core stack and route default traffic from a VLANx to the internet via a different Gateway.. I see this is not supported on these switches, while they are Layer 3 though..

Any clue if Cisco is ever planning to have this feature implemented? and anyone knows what would be a suitable workaround? making sure that inter VLAN traffic keeps flowing via that core stack?

Thanks

PS: Uplink we don;t have any MXes to use traffic flow

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no policy routing available with the MS family yet. You can "make a wish" for the Meraki team. 

You can only do normal forwarding - based on the destination address.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You'll probably need to move the gateway for that VLAN from the MS to the "Internet Gateway", and have it route all internal traffic back via the MS.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels