Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Multiple MS EOL announcement

Hi ,

Multiple MS are now EOL. 

MS250 FAMILYAug 28, 2024Aug 8, 2025Aug 8, 2030
MS350 FAMILYAug 28, 2024Aug 8, 2025Aug 8, 2030
MS355 FAMILYAug 28, 2024Aug 8, 2025Aug 8, 2030

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Meraki_End-of-Life_(EOL)_Produc...

Replaced by those SKUs

RaphaelL_1-1724886030512.png

12 Replies 12
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Makes sense. It's been on the cards for a while.

I'm sure most people will be happy to see the end of the MS350.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Tbh I am. I have 3k MS350 to replace in 2026-2028 and the C9300 looks like a solid switch !

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The 350/355 were my default Core-Switches in the Small business area. If I ignore the SVI-bugs that some customers some unplanned downtimes, I was quite happy with them.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I loved using the MS350-24X for core switches.  Having both SFP+ and 10GBaseT capability in one switch was super flexible.

Paccers
Getting noticed

Depends on how you define EoL... they aren't EoL til Aug 9, 2030 in my eyes!

thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

Now we just need the last part of the MS2xx series. I guess the replacement here will be 9200(L) switches when they eventually arrive as -M SKUs.

It seems fine, cant wait til 17.15.x when NexTunnel becomes native to IOS-XE like on the WLCs (You can actually try it on 17.12.3 on the switches, but the dashboard denyes your request 🙂 )

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

EOS is a year away and then 5 years until EOL.
But yes it has been a while in the cards.

I'm hoping they will be able to fill the hole of the MS210-225 with the C9200 series.  I'm literally waiting on that since even with discount the C9300 is a rather expensive switch for my customers.

I think that will happen quite "soonish" because of IOS-XE 17.15, also the C9500 series.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's expensive, but some equivalent devices are even cheaper. All in all, my (very short) calculation is that switching will get more expensive in the future.

IMO, it's still the right way.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Of course, if you pit an MS355 to a C9300 switch you probably will get a better deal for the moment for the C9300.  However if the bulk if your customers use MS210, 225's for access layer switching then it is still a leap to the C9300's.

I can totally see the appeal for C9300's or C9500's in distribution layer switching and I can more easily position those to customers.

Usually our customers already have some cheap non monitored HP switch line present like a 2530 which you can't really compare.  So the price up is always a challenge to get them on board.

The only real elephant in the room problem right now is that the MS switches do have more cool features then the CS switches.

I know this will change, but it is really a bit annoying, at the moment, that port-profiles (and now Smart Port Automation), or even the SecurePort is only a MS feature - There are also other things..... *sigh*

If you really want to know whats coming check out the video from Tech Field day at Cisco live : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gflqOvn6ipY

For those who have access to Cisco live material, its the BRKARC-1975 session, but basically its the same thing covered.

PS:

And yes .. you can try to configure the new NexTunnel on IOS-XE 17.15 on your switch (the commands are there ... actually they are also there (on the switch) in 17.12.3 because the 9800 uses this from that version) like described in the video, but the dashboard rejects the request 🙂 So its not quite ready yet, but soooooon someone told me 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels