Monitoring switches

Bethson
Comes here often

Monitoring switches

Is there any option get the cpu memory utilization historical data?

6 Replies 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you'd have to ask support and they might only have current, but that's the place to start.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In the future there will be a dashboard feature that will show you CPU and mem stats.
At this time I believe you would need an SNMP server to get that info.

dcatiller
Getting noticed

I monitor my network with PRTG and have all of my MX and MS devices in there. One of the basic things I get for the devices are CPU, response time and a traffic index. There are other sensors for Netflow, etc. as well.

@dcatiller what sensor did you use to monitor CPU usage? Auto discovery for me only picks up interface throughput, ping, uptime and HTTP.

Any of the built in CPU monitoring options don't work for me and Meraki documentation doesn't list any specific MID or OID for Meraki gear. 

This is actually coming from the device itself, not from one of the sensors.

If I click the device, I can get this graph with Alarms, Response Time Index, CPU Load Index and Traffic Index:

dcatiller_0-1717971758939.png

the-iot
Here to help

we monitor our 4 hubs and 30 branches with a global zabbix system.

we found all switches and mx automatically in zabbix with the meraki api and monitor this devices with snmp.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels