Meraki licensing

Solved
Amit_pal
Getting noticed

Meraki licensing

I have a question regarding meraki Licensing .

In our Organisation we have MR,MX and MS products and we are using co-termination licensing model.

We have meraki switches which were bought with 8 years licence and since we were using co-termination licensing model , the license of other meraki products(MX,MR) also got extended .

Now our plan is to replace MS with Cat 9300 and decom MS switches,i'm wondering what will happen to MS licenses , will it be taken down and eventually will effect the other products(MX & MR) license date ?

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MS licenses will remain applied to your org and will continue adding towards your co-term expiration date.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using the 9300 switches in Meraki mode, or Catalyst mode?  If Meraki then you can convert the licensing with support.  If Catalyst then I think you will just waste the rest of the license. 

Amit_pal
Getting noticed

We are not onboarding Catalyst to meraki..

Ah that means Decom will effect license of other devices as well ?

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MS licenses will remain applied to your org and will continue adding towards your co-term expiration date.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels