Meraki Transceiver GIGABIT for more than 10km

Daniel-YC
Here to help

Meraki Transceiver GIGABIT for more than 10km

Greetings everyone,

Looking at Meraki Transceivers Datasheet I noticed that the maximum supported distance for 1G Data Rate would be 10km with MA-SFP-1GB-LX10.

Is there any Meraki option for ER transceiver (above 10km) for Meraki 1G Switches?  Like GLC-EX-SMD on Cisco Catalog.

Thank you in advance!

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nope, just 10GB SFP.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/SFP_and_Stacking_Acce...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you got 1Gb switches with 10Gbe uplinks by chance?  If so, you could look at something like MA-SFP-10GB-ER or MA-SFP-10GB-ZR.

Otherwise you are going to need a media converter.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

SFP Transceiver Module with DOM - Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-LX10 compatible 1000BASE-LX/LH 1310nm 10km LC MMF/SMF

He wants over  10km 😉

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

SFP Transceiver Modul mit DOM - MGBLH1 Cisco compatible 1000BASE-LH SFP 1310nm 40km LC SMF

I didn´t test them in Meraki switches, but they are working in Cisco Catalyst switches. (Most SFP´s which I know running in Catalyst are also running in Meraki MS). It´s not a big risk to buy and test, because it´s only 20€ in Europe.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels