Meraki Switches 802.1x Wired Attributes

az245
Conversationalist

Meraki Switches 802.1x Wired Attributes

Hello,

By default, meraki switches doesn't send "NAD/NAS Name" when configured an access policy.

Is there any way to enable it in the backend? A tac support case that can help me with?

Per this article:
https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Access_Control/MS_Switch_Access_Policies_(802.1X) 

RADIUS Attributes

When an access policy is configured with RADIUS server, authentication is performed using PAP. The following attributes are present in the Access-Request messages sent from MS switch to the RADIUS server.

• User-Name
  • NAS-IP-Address
  • Calling-Station-Id: Contains the MAC address of the end user machine (supplicant) (all caps, octets separated by hyphens, example: "AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF").
  • Called-Station-Id: Contains the MAC address of the Meraki MS switch (all caps, octets separated by hyphens).

is there any way to get 'NAS-NAME"? 
    We have more than 60 switches and getting NAS name to our Radius server (NetworkAccessControl) will help us in reporting. 

Wireless APs are able to send NAS NAME, but not switches. 

Looking for any help if it's possible.
1 Reply 1
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The answer is no, the switches do not support NAS-Name.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels