Meraki Switch - Test Cable live - What this information mean ?

rrocha
Getting noticed

Meraki Switch - Test Cable live - What this information mean ?

Hello Guys, I am try to understand this information about the cable pairs itself. Looks like that my equipment is a small switch, and is connect to 2 clients(the switch, a NVRM, and a AP that only show on CDP/LLDP tab). The cable is saying that pair 1 and 2 is ok, but what about Pair 3 and Pair 4 ? Can anyone of you guys do a rundown explaining the mean of open and its implication and the - and its implication too ?

test cable - live.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Without four pairs operational you wont be able to get a Gigabit connection.  You'll be limited to 100Mb/s.

Sometimes if you plug in a device that has a 100Mb/s port you'll get this result as well.

Philip, that small switch is a fast ethernet equipament and a POE device.

The 4 Pair, should pass Power over it, but the test cable is showing only a - symbol.

I am not understanding the open and the - symbol, on what is supposed to say to me.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Being a FastEthernet device, it may simply not have the other two pairs internally connected.  So that is fine.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels