Meraki Monitoring of Cisco 9500 switches - Alerting

Rycherd
Comes here often

Meraki Monitoring of Cisco 9500 switches - Alerting

We have two Cisco C9500-48Y4C switches which we have onboarded to Meraki monitoring. After a while one and later the other began "alerting" on Meraki dashboard with the error "The configuration for this device is out of date". The monitoring appears to be working fine, however, and the dashboard shows the expected monitoring data. I am not sure how this error/alert makes sense for a "Monitoring Only" scenario. Meraki support suggested we should try reloading the switches, but they are functioning as network core switches, so we are reluctant to do this, particularly without an understanding of exactly what is going on...

Any ideas?

Richard

3 Replies 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could be one of those errors that clears after a little while.  If not I would schedule in down time to reload the switches to see if it clears.

if it’s purely cosmetic and just an annoyance and the devices are passing traffic with no issues then do nothing.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My guess - a bug.  Is there newer images for the 9500 available?

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have a network with exactly this setup - 2 sets of 2xC9500-48Y4C with Meraki monitoring.

I've had very rare intermittent issues with monitoring alarms and incorrect warnings on the dashboard but nothing that has stuck around long enough to be worth troubleshooting.

I'd just suggest confirming:

- Your upstream router has the correct firewall ruleset mapped to the IP address the Catalysts are for the Meraki connection. Double check the destination/ports against what is listed in the dashboard (help -> firewall info)

- SSL inspection is disabled on the upstream firewall.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels