Meraki MS350 causing CRC align errors on remote Meraki Switch on RJ45 port

DemCh
Just browsing

Meraki MS350 causing CRC align errors on remote Meraki Switch on RJ45 port

I am having issue with Meraki MS350-24X when connecting other meraki switches on RJ45 port, the remote switch will show CRC align errors.  If I use a Catalyst switch there is no problem.  RJ45 patch cables are new and no issue other than when used between 2 Meraki Switches.

The MS350 side, the port has no sent or received CRC error.  On the remote switch, there is a lot of CRC align errors.

Raised this with Meraki support and they asked to update the firmware to latest. Still same issue.

Anyone else having this similar issue?

When using SFP+ port there is no issue. No CRC error. Only on RJ45 port. Both 1Gbps port and 2.5Gbps have this issue.

Tested with remote switch MS130-48X, MS130-12X and MS120.  These same switches will not have the CRC error connecting same cable to a Catalyst 3850 or 9300

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this using the standard 16 x Gigabit ports, or the 8 x MGig ports?

CoreyDavoll1
Getting noticed

The MS130's also have an issue in the 16.x firmware with the control plane that could be causing it.  The fix has been implemented in 17.1.2.  I've been running this since it was released and it has fixed the majority of my CRC/STP/UDLD issues.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels