Meraki MS Switches - Dynamic Voice Vlans

Solved
GuiCarvalho
Getting noticed

Meraki MS Switches - Dynamic Voice Vlans

Hello Team,

Is that possible to deliver dynamic voice vlans to Meraki from ISE as we can do with the data vlan?

We have an environment with two voice vlans (vlan A and vlan B). Vlan A is static configured in the switch port as voice vlan.

When I connect an IP Phone that needs to be in the vlan B, I can see in the event log a radius response sending the vlan B to the switch, but actually the vlan override didn't occurs (the client keep in the vlan A).

In the ISE side, all the process is okay. We have one authz profile for each vlan with the flag (enable voice vlan domain) checked.

The PC connected behind the IP Phone is working okay, with the data vlan changed according to the AD Group.

I have saw some posts in the community indicating that dynamic voice vlan didn't work in Meraki. Did I understand correct?

If so, what is the alternative to automatically delivery the differents voice vlans? Because statically assign one of this two vlans in the ports is not a good option, because the users is moving frequently in the environment.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I found this:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Access_Control/MS_Switch_Access_Policies_(802.1X) 

"Dynamic VLAN Assignment is not supported on the voice VLAN/domain."

I don't see any other solution than figuring out how to make the existing VoIP solution work with a single voice VLAN.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I found this:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Access_Control/MS_Switch_Access_Policies_(802.1X) 

"Dynamic VLAN Assignment is not supported on the voice VLAN/domain."

I don't see any other solution than figuring out how to make the existing VoIP solution work with a single voice VLAN.

Thanks for the help, Philip.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe you could change to using MAC-based authentication, authentication the phones based on that, and then just push a "standard" VLAN.  You wouldn't be able to have any computer plugged into the phone in this scenario as the whole switch port would move to that VLAN.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels