MS390

Inflow1
Comes here often

MS390

Does MS390 support BGP,ECMP,VRF functionality ?

If MS390 does not support then which switch will be complied in Meraki.

Also share the supported protocols list for MS390.

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MS OSPF

Cisco Meraki layer-3 MS switches support the use of the OSPF routing protocol to advertise its subnets to neighboring OSPF-capable layer 3 devices. OSPF may be desirable in more complex network topologies with a layered switch distribution, where static routes are not ideal. This article outlines the OSPF implementation and configuration options available on the Cisco Meraki MS platform, and walks through an example packet capture for reference purposes.

OSPF(v2) on the MS series uses RFC 2328 with cost metric calculations using RFC 1583. MS switches also support Equal-cost Multipath (ECMP) when the routes are learned via OSPF. For the multipath routes to be used by the MS switches, the next route needs to be learned by the same type of OSPF route (Inter-area/Intra-area/External type 1, etc.). A mix of next hops spanned over these different route types won't be used as multipath. 

See below on how to enable and configure OSPF on Meraki MS switches supporting L3 routing.

Supported Models: MS250, MS300 series, MS400 series

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Layer_3_Switching/MS_OSPF_Overview

There  is no meraki device with vrf  support.

I think BGP is supported just on the MX not the MS.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The features you request are not available on the Meraki software stack.

I believe if you need those features you will need Cisco Catalyst at least at your distribution layer.

If your access layer is layer 2 you can use Meraki MS switches if you like the dashboard for your monitoring but at the distribution layer and beyond you will need advanced platforms that support your features and those can be found in Cisco Catalyst.

Remember that also 3 families of Cisco Catalyst switches can be monitored in dashboard but configured using CLI or other ways,

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels