MS250 Gateway of Last Resort and 0.0.0.0/0

SOLVED
bp7000
New here

MS250 Gateway of Last Resort and 0.0.0.0/0

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to replace our old L3 Cisco Catalyst backbone switch with an MS250. We have several VLAN interfaces connected and as I am going through the old switch's IP Route table I see "Gateway of last resort is 192.168.5.1", which in fact is our firewall. I also see a static route to that IP as 0.0.0.0/0. How do I go about setting this route using the meraki dashboard? Thanks in advance, and apologies as this may be a newbie question.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Oh crap, my bad. Sorry about that. I should know better than to answer questions before I've had my first cofffee!

For an MS you have to have first enabled L3, and set up your interfaces. After that, under Switch --> Configure --> Routing and DHCP there's an "Add static route" button you can use to add your quad zero. 

It's all documented here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Layer_3_Switching/MS_Layer_3_Switching_Overview#Configuring_Stat...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You can add static routes to an MX under Security appliance --> configure --> Addressing & VLANs.  In the Routing section there's a table showing all the interfaces, and at the bottom of that is an "Add a static route" link. Click that, and add your default route.

Hey jdsilva, thanks for the reply! Actually, this is an MS250 switch I am referring to here. 

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Oh crap, my bad. Sorry about that. I should know better than to answer questions before I've had my first cofffee!

For an MS you have to have first enabled L3, and set up your interfaces. After that, under Switch --> Configure --> Routing and DHCP there's an "Add static route" button you can use to add your quad zero. 

It's all documented here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Layer_3_Switching/MS_Layer_3_Switching_Overview#Configuring_Stat...

Right on! Thanks so much!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels