MS225 and RPS 2300

Solved
MerUser874
Here to help

MS225 and RPS 2300

Has anyone hooked up their MS225 stack to a Cisco RPS 2300?

I'm looking for directions on how to do this where it will not reboot the switches, if that is possible.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MerUser874 we protect our stacked MS225s (and MS210s) with RPS2300s.  You simply plug in the cable and it works.  The Meraki switches all require the smarter cable with the big connector on both ends.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MerUser874 we protect our stacked MS225s (and MS210s) with RPS2300s.  You simply plug in the cable and it works.  The Meraki switches all require the smarter cable with the big connector on both ends.

MerUser874
Here to help

Thanks, cmr.

Going by the Cisco docs, once the RPS is powered up with the cables connected to it all you need to do is plug an RPS cable into each switch. I just wanted to make sure there were not any gotcha's to watch out for.

Do you guys run yours in Active or Standby mode?

Didn't know if there was a best practice for that.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MerUser874 we just plug them in, check for the green light and occasionally test by pulling the main power cable on the MS.  I can't remember if the MS returns to internal power once it is available or if it gets stuck using the RPS, but will try to test when I'm next on a site with those switches.

MerUser874
Here to help

Thanks, cmr.

Next time I'm in the office on the weekend I'll plug everything in and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels