MS225 Switch Stack Mac Address Flapping

UmutYasar
Here to help

MS225 Switch Stack Mac Address Flapping

Hi All,

I've configured and connected 4 x MS225 switches as a stack and enabled RSTP on the stack. But I'm getting mac address flaps for two macs as below. mac:A is flapping between SW1 & SW2 port2 and mac:B is flapping between SW1 & SW2 port1 as below. Port1 connected to MX1 and Port2 connected to MX2 .SW1 and SW2  port 1 and 2 are on STP blocking state, the 3rd switch's Port 1&2 are on forwarding state at the moment.

Why do you think this is happening?

Nov 26 10:19:37 MAC address flapping
mac: A, vlan: 1, port: SW1/2,SW2/2,Sw1/2
Nov 26 10:19:30 MAC address flapping
mac: B, vlan: 1, port: SW1/1, SW2/1,SW1/1

Topology is one edge SW, two MX connected to it as warm spare. And 4 switches stacked and connected to MX. One connection to each switch from each MX. The connection is the same as Meraki recommended in a full redundant switch stack for a warm spare for routed Hub on the below link.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MX_Warm_Spare_-_High_Availability_Pair#:~:text....

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Common causes:

• APs are connected to those ports and users are roaming between them.
  • VMWare hosts are connected to those ports and VMWare is moving the VMs between the ports.

@PhilipDAth , Actually these ports are connected to Primary and Standby MXs.But MXs connected to a LAN switch, and there is APs working on the same VLAN. These may the macs of the users on these APs. I'll try to find the mac owners.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels