MS125 Out of band management?

Solved
Stepone1
Comes here often

MS125 Out of band management?

Hello

I have some ms125 switches, and can't find any information about ethernet port at back of the switch.

I suppose it's an out of band management port

I have read some informations about ms 2xx switch (as this port had a 1.1.1.100 IP address) but i try to connect a laptop with 1.1.1.10/c address ang pinging 1.1.1.100 without reply.

Nothing out from this port on wireshark capture.

Maybe is it for future use ?

Any information about this port ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No the switches are quite different.  The local status page is always on the 1.1.1.100 page so you actually need to temporarily put your pc in the 1.1.1.0/24 range if you want to reach that page and that page should only be used if the switch cannot reach the dashboard.

Check out on this page: https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MS125 has an annoying bug that renders that page unavailable via the backport.  You can actually reach the switch on that network if you just connect to a port on the front.  You'll have to manually put your pc in that same subnet to be able to reach it.

Thanks for reply.

So maybe for future use.That's what i'll say to my customer if he ask me about this port 🙂

On my configuration, my "management" vlan is 99.the switch ip is 10.1.99.3.

When i configure a port access in vlan 99, i can ping switch from my pc connected on this port, but no web page or ssh.

Is there something special to configure for that ?Just in case i need to access to the switch if cloud access is unavailable.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No the switches are quite different.  The local status page is always on the 1.1.1.100 page so you actually need to temporarily put your pc in the 1.1.1.0/24 range if you want to reach that page and that page should only be used if the switch cannot reach the dashboard.

Check out on this page: https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me...

Stepone1
Comes here often

Hi

Ok understood.Thanks for your updates.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels