MS1208-LP

AdamVH1
New here

MS1208-LP

I have a client that requires compact SFP support on a project.   Does the Meraki line support cSFP ?

5 Replies 5
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Interesting I had not heard of compact sfp before.  I did some reading and I don't see any documented support but the sfp technology is somewhat standardized.  Had you tried it in a Meraki switch yet or are you just doing discovery?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

doing discovery at this point in time.   I've switched companies recently and no longer have access to Meraki gear.  I am trying to get this company into Meraki .. but .. baby steps.    

The client is a small FTTP provider.  They are using Calix gear for that.  Thats where i learned about the cSFP.  

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Neato. I've also never heard of these. Very cool.

We use BiDi's in Meraki gear quite a bit, and those work just fine. It's possible that cSFP's will work too... I wish I had one here to test with.

Following this to see what the outcome is.

Thank you.  I wasn't sure if a BiDi would work either.  I just never used them, until now.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've never heard of them either - but I think they are unlikely to be supported.  Basically that are a 2Gbe port - and I can't see many SFP ports being able to use them.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels