cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS120 QoS queues

Here to help

MS120 QoS queues

Hi,

Acording to https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_datasheet_ms120.pdf the MS120 series has 6 QoS queues for VoIP/Video/Data.

I asked support what the MS120 support with QoS and got different replies.

Support says it has 8 QoS queues and does not support tcp/udp port ranges QoS configuration, another support told me, it support port ranges QoS.

I am surprised how bad their support is now a days. My questions are - is there 6 or 8 QoS queues, does it support tcp/udp port range QoS or only auto VoIP/Video/Data QoS?

Looking at MS 9.34 release notes under additions it says: QoS rules with port ranges

But does this also include MS120 series?

Tried upgrading a MS120-8 to 9.34 but a wireshark showed all packets was market with default 0 even though i have created QoS rules. (Btw. it is a bad version - the switch stopped to respond to network traffic so downgraded to 9.32).

4 REPLIES
ww
Head in the Cloud

Re: MS120 QoS queues

Not sure about the 120. the 220  however support cos 0-5 on the dashboard so only 6 queues possible to configure. (if there are 8,  cos 6 and 7 are most times dedicated for management protocol packets.)

QoS remarking should work if you set the correct vlan / tcp/udp  src-dst, combined with the "set-dscp to" option. did you check on DSCP value in the trace? 

Here to help

A trace showed all packets with DSCP value of 0 (default) even though i tried to set a policy like:

vlan 100 -> Protocal ANY -> Source port ANY -> Dest port ANY -> set DSCP to 34

All packets was marked 0.

Meraki Employee

How are you testing this? What type of traffic are you capturing on the other side of the switch where it should be tagged?

New here

From my understanding - wireshark is software driven hence the capture and the write process of each packet is done before the markings - that is why when you do a wireshark capture on the device DSCP is set to (0) - the work around for was to mirror the port in question and connect your laptop to the mirrored port and run a capture off your connected device - there you will see the markings at least I did...

Labels