MS120-8LP keeps rebooting and losing network connectivity

KReed-Llanhari
New here

MS120-8LP keeps rebooting and losing network connectivity

I have an MS120-8LP that keeps randomly losing connectivity throughout the day.

No clear pattern to when it happens.

Roughly 6-10 times a day

Roughly 50/50 split between "reboot for firmware upgrade" (despite already having the latest firmware!) and just a loss of connectivity

This device is at the extreme edge of the network, so isn't subjected to excessive loads. It is also conveniently located next to my desk, so I can be confident that there is no power-related cause either.

Any suggestions as to why this might happen, or additional diagnostics I should undertake?

4 REPLIES 4
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I would call support and get them to look. There's not much you can look at to properly diagnose this, and you'll save yourself a lot of time by getting them to look at it. It sounds like it may have a problem and would require an RMA.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

As @jdsilva suggested. It looks like an RMA if it keeps rebooting and losing connectivity. 

Enthusiast
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I was going to say check Layer 1 (cabling) but the messages about firmware concern me.

This might be worth reaching out to support, its possible your device keeps attempting to upgrade/downgrade firmware but its failing for XYZ reasons, and causing it to reboot. Might be hardware issue requiring them to RMA it.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have [rarely] seen Meraki devices get info firmware upgrade loops.  They go to upgrade, fail, and repeat.

You could try a factory reset.

Usually you need support to fix this for you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels