MS120-8LP Power Supply Recall

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MS120-8LP Power Supply Recall

Received this email this morning.

Hello Meraki customer,

We recently discovered that the external power adapter MA-PWR-90WAC (Model PA-1900-66C1, Rev. 01) included with some MS120-8LP-HW switches may be susceptible to a grounding issue.

This issue only affects MS120-8LP-HWs powered by the above-specified external power adapter. No other power adapter models are affected.

Cisco Meraki will be proactively replacing all affected external power adapters.

Recommended Customer Action:
Please identify which of your power adapters are in scope for replacement. If you need assistance identifying the affected power adapters, this FAQ provides additional information to make this process as easy as possible. Once the affected power adapters have been identified, please contact Meraki Technical Support to initiate your replacement order.

How to Contact Support:
There are three ways you can contact Meraki Technical Support:
Please take action as quickly as possible to get your replacement power adapter(s) ordered. Until you receive the replacements, we recommend you discontinue use of your affected MA-PWR-90WAC power adapter to avoid encountering the potential grounding issue.

Thank you,
Cisco Meraki Technical Support

1 REPLY 1
joopv
Getting noticed

Is there a web site available where i can input the serial no. of the MS120-8LP and see if my power supply is affected?  Appearently this is possible for Meraki engineers if i read this article, but we have approx 3000 of these in the field.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/MS120-8LP-HW_Power_Supply_Proactive_...

I also would like to know if there is any risk on:

- firehazard

- safety of users 

- safety of connected equipment on the switchports

- is there any risc of the MS120-8LP switch being damaged?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels