MS120-8FP-HW which port can be connect internet

SOLVED
MS120-8FP-HW
Conversationalist

MS120-8FP-HW which port can be connect internet

Hi,

I have one quantity MS120-8FP-HW unit, and it difference from other MS Meraki produces, it have not Management port, so that i don't know which port can be connect with internet, which port can be connect with login local.

Additionally, It also was same local login method with "my.meraki.com" or "switch.my.meraki.com".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can use any LAN port on most devices, out of interest why do you need a local connection, we have never used the local connection on our MSs?

MS120-8FP-HW
Conversationalist

As you know, some of Meraki produce like 24 ports or 48 ports, they have their own Management port ot login local, so that I can fix some IP issue, which cannot capture automatically.

This means that i can use any Lan port as internet port, right ?

Yes. And in dashboard, the port that the switch is using to reach the internet will show up with a little upwards arrow. See port 1 here:

image.png

Ok, I know that one. So I just press buttom and keep for less than 10 seconds, it would erase all configuration as factory default, right ?

Hi Brecht,

I have question for you, how to use local status page to assign it another IP ?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels