MS switches performance with 3rd Party Router for Overlay

SOLVED
Alannabi
Comes here often

MS switches performance with 3rd Party Router for Overlay

Hello Team,

How are you doing?

I have a customer who will order Meraki Switches (MS120), we are fighting to let him replace the Routers he has (which rented via AT&T) with Meraki MX.

my question:

will be there any technical issues with the MS switches (from a management perspective) if he insists to keep using the 3rd party routers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MCITDept
Getting noticed

Alemabrahao is correct, you can use any router with Meraki Switches, we did for a few years before moving over to the MX devices.  I hope you can get them talked into using the MX, as you probably know already, they are nice to use if you already have the switches in the dashboard.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can use any other router from any other manufacturer and you won't have any management issues.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
MCITDept
Getting noticed

Alemabrahao is correct, you can use any router with Meraki Switches, we did for a few years before moving over to the MX devices.  I hope you can get them talked into using the MX, as you probably know already, they are nice to use if you already have the switches in the dashboard.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels