MS Constantly Rebooting

JMo1
Conversationalist

MS Constantly Rebooting

Hello,

We have two MS225 which are switch stacked and provide uplink to a MS130. Noticed that that the MS225s would lose connection randomly. Thought it was just the Meraki dashboard bug however device uptime indicates that the switches are rebooting for no reason. One of the MS225 switch would deny power to the client devices. 

Also have UDLD errors on the port of the connected MS225 switch. (Firmware 17.1.2 would resolve this)

Switch Firmware - 16.9

MS225s connectivity has been stable since last reboot on Sep. 23 7:09:03 CDT. 

Opened a case with Meraki. Any reason why this would be occurring? 

Screenshot 2024-09-23 155524.pngScreenshot 2024-09-23 155911.png

6 Replies 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Reset the switch using the pinhole button.  It will hopefully recover it, otherwise the power supply looks like it might be dodgy (external or in the switch).

JMo1
Conversationalist

A power supply issues is very possible since it seems to only affect one member of the switch stack. 

JAEspinosa1
Here to help

It is possible that you are entering a panic situation, it happened to me in one, you have to update the firmware, check ups and if you want you can check with meraki in backs log

JMo1
Conversationalist

Interesting never heard of a panic situation before. Will see work with Meraki to see if back logs show anything. 

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I would definitely suggest working with Meraki Support on this. They'll be able to determine the cause of the reboots. Which as mentioned above could be a firmware related issue.

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
JMo1
Conversationalist

Thank you for the reply. Working with Meraki support and will provide an update. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels