MS 250 MAC flap in event logs

SOLVED
robw73
Comes here often

MS 250 MAC flap in event logs

Seeing an issue with MAC flaps reporting in the event logs at one of our locations in the Meraki environment. Site has two MS250 in stack configuration show MAC flaps on the wired port when connected to one of the switches and on the stack ports 53 and 54. Firmware is 14.32 on both switches and devices are laptops running Windows 10. MR42 AP's are connected on both swtiches and devices may connect to wireless but laptops are only on one network at a time and running IPConfig while on wireless or connected wired show only one connection, the laptops do not show two concurrent network conenctions. When the laptop is wired the event log shows the MAC flap on the stacking port and the wired port the laptop is connected to at the time. Seems like there is a loop in the stack setup and the ports have RSTP enable and stack is setup with default RSTP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'd try scheduling in a reboot of the switches.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'd try scheduling in a reboot of the switches.

I will setup a reboot, both switches in the stack have been rebooted in the past but will reboot again to confirm this does not help with the MAC flap. 

robw73
Comes here often

Switches in the stack were rebooted and all clients are back online, after a few minutes the MAC flap events on the wired connections start showing up again. It seems like there is a network loop in the stack but does not show in the event log. 

robw73
Comes here often

The devices were rebooted again, longer lag between the reboots of the switches, about an hour between reboots and after this reboot the MAC flaps have not appeared. Monitoring but hopefully the reboot and spacing out the time help the issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels