MAC table filtering

DanielEscalante
Comes here often

MAC table filtering

How can I filter the MAC forwarding table by ports?

The dashboard indicates filter by MAC, VLAN or port ...

I have seen I can write some digits and the system search by coincidences in MAC or VLAN but not in port.

I would like to see MACs for a specific port or port range and even export it. I know I can choice a port in any switch and see the MAC, but with a 10 K ports (200 switches) it is a mess.

3 REPLIES 3
KRobert
Head in the Cloud

Hi @DanielEscalante,

Yes you can view the MAC Table by selecting the switch and going to the Layer 3 Routing Tab. The Mac Address Table is underneath the list. You can click on the ports tab to show which port it is connected to.
CMNO, CCNA R+S
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Hi @DanielEscalante

That filter field isn't very useful for port based filters. There's no way to filter on just one column, it will always take what you enter and apply it to every column. So yes, if you enter "2" if will show you every mac on port 2, but it will also show you every mac that contains "2" and every every entry in VLAN "2". 

At this point I would suggest doing this:

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 20.17.57.png

Sorry 😞

thank you.

Unfortunately I am realizing the client identification is very unreliable.

For any client, the trio (MAC/IP/VLAN) appears to be correct but not the port and switch

In an small network I have just 5 Meraki switches and 38 Access Point (Cisco but not Meraki). The dashboard shows only 10 AP in the correct port and switch, the rest indicates port AGGR/0  😞

I think the dashboard takes the MAC table from all the switches, and mix them. As a consequence the client table or the forwarding table show a lot of MACs learned through the trunk (AGGR) ports. When the complete client list is consulted the system avoids duplicates but for many clients the switch and port are not correctly identified.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels