LACP across multiple switches

SOLVED
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

LACP across multiple switches

The fact that I can't configure it, might actually answer my question, but here goes anyway.

Is it possible to aggregate ports across multiple switches? On MS120-8LP?

I have an MS220-48FP connected to two MS120-8LP's. The uplink ports on the MS220 are aggregated, but each port on each MS120, are not. 

The two MS120's are interconnected, as well as connected to each of their own MX64. 

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can only aggregate ports across switches when those switches are physically stacked together using their stacking port.

MS120's do not have a physical stacking port.

So in your case, you can not using port aggregation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Out of curiosity why would you want to?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I have a network topology where, oddly enough, I have a problem with STP actually doing its job - blocking ports.
I wanted to experiment with if LACP would do some loadbalancing between the two switches, or maybe gain some bandwidth on the uplink, as well as not block ports. So far, even LACP is blocking traffic on one of the links.
LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Ah ok. Well the only thing I can think of is two just use 2 ports on the 8 port switch to your 48 port. I can't think of anything that would give you what you want. At first my mind went to virtual stacking but that doesn't really do what it sounds like it would do.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can only aggregate ports across switches when those switches are physically stacked together using their stacking port.

MS120's do not have a physical stacking port.

So in your case, you can not using port aggregation.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels