L3 Routing migration from 3560-X

SOLVED
mcvosi
Getting noticed

L3 Routing migration from 3560-X

I am planning a migration from a pair of Cisco 3560-X switches to a stack of MS250s. This is my first journey to cloud switching (I do have Meraki APs though), and was concerned about moving my downstream L3 network, while maintaining connectivity to the Meraki cloud. I plan on re-using my L3 gateways on the MS250s, but was concerned about the configuration being properly sent out and updated on the switches if there's an IP conflict when transitioning.

Thoughts?

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tadpole86
Getting noticed

I don't fully understand how you are approaching this, the description is somewhat confusing. 

I would do this in a maintenance window. Configure the MS250 stack with the same gateway IP's used on the MS3560's. And then swap out the core in one big bang. This will avoid the complexities of running two core stacks side by side. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tadpole86
Getting noticed

I don't fully understand how you are approaching this, the description is somewhat confusing. 

I would do this in a maintenance window. Configure the MS250 stack with the same gateway IP's used on the MS3560's. And then swap out the core in one big bang. This will avoid the complexities of running two core stacks side by side. 

Originally I didn't understand that I needed to have the management interface off any L3 routed network. I have created a firewall interface, specifically for Meraki dashboard connectivity.

Thx

Yep, that is unique to the Meraki switches and needs a bit of extra thought on deployment. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels