Issue with DHCP and DHCP Reservations on stacked MS390s

Leatherman_Tool
New here

Issue with DHCP and DHCP Reservations on stacked MS390s

Hello All,

We just did a new network build with 2 MS390s and 2 MS250s both of which are stacked.

To avoid overhead we configured about 5 DHCP ranges on the MS390 stack, this was working great until we needed to set a DHCP reservation for a couple of printers and devices.

The DHCP reservations were created within the range, however when the device updates its lease it is not being issued the reserved IP.

In trouble shooting we opened the the DHCP tab on each switch and while both show the configured VLANs and a count of issued addresses, under the "All DHCP leases" of both switches there is a message "This device has not issued any DHCP leases"

I've tried searching Meraki documentation and it looks like the leases are configured correctly as well as the range. I don't see anywhere that DHCP is not supported on stacked switches, so not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you by any chance have another legacy DHCP server still issuing IP addresses?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Great username BTW. Still got my old leatherman tool from my military days, solid pieces of kit

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels