Is this possible? If not what am I missing?

red1
New here

Is this possible? If not what am I missing?

This is my design as is. Meraki is configured with Vlans. Vlan 1, vlan 2, vlan 3 and Port 4 which is set to vlan 1. The left side of the graph is one side of the building, the right side is completely different area of another building.

When I plug the Edgeswitch on port 4 (no special configuration, routing enabled and layer3), I want to have the exact same topology on the right side of the graph as the left side. Be able to have both 192.168.70.0/24 and 172.16.2.0/24 network extended and communicating. And I want to be able to pass traffic from 172.168.2.100 through Edgeswitch to port 4 on Meraki then to Port 2 (vlan2) on and then to 172.16.2.40.

If not then how can I make it work? Feel free to change the graph or make another recommendation. As long as I can keep the subnets the same on both left and right side. Does this make sense?

Drawing1.jpg 

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If meraki has the Layer 3 vlans/is the gateway for mentioned subnets. 

And you trunk all vlans on the right side down to the last switch.  Then it should work

When I try to ping from 172.16.2.100 to 172.16.2.40, I get request timed out. By default on the right side, I get dhcp and it is 192.168.70.0/24. If I switch my ip to static and change my subnet to 172.16.2.0/24 then I can ping x.100 but not x.40.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The ip 172.16.2.40 is on a port in vlan2?

All ports from switch to switch to Mx are trunk ports with vlan 1 2 and 3 ?

Yes, on the left side, connected to regular non routing switch on port 2. 

Yes the switch is left as is usually since I control everything from Mx. So no special config on switches but I tried even as trunk port on the switch and still no luck. The left side works just fine. Snap348.jpg

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Try and create a dummy VLAN 999 with Subnet 192.168.255.0/24 and MX IP 192.168.255.1.

Then set that dummy VLAN 999 as Native on ports 2, 3 and 4. 

Then make sure that all inter-switch links (links between switches) are trunk, with native vlan 999, and all VLANs are allowed on the trunk.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels