Is 802.1ad or "QinQ" VLAN tagging supported on any models?

JoshuaO
New here

Is 802.1ad or "QinQ" VLAN tagging supported on any models?

I need to replace a ring of ancient Foundry switches in a MAN.  I'm looking at the MS450-12's, but the current Foundry MAN is co-owned by several agencies.  I need the ability to do QinQ tagging so each agency can carry their (overlapping) VLAN sets.  I don't yet have any of the MS450's, and I can't find anything relating to this in any of my current networks configurations or manuals.  Is this feature present or planned to be added?

2 REPLIES 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, Meraki configuration is pretty basic/limited. If you want advanced configurations (like qinq or even a thing like static arp)  i would not advice meraki switches.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To be specific, no Meraki equipment has the ability to add or remove a tag to already tagged traffic.

I'm guessing in your specific environment you are given an outer tag you are allowed to use, and you are tagging al your internal vlans with that.  You wont be able to do that.

If you were prepared to change to a routed "WAN", you could use that single tag as a transit VLAN, route between sites using that.  You would use an MS with OSPF support, like an MS250.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels