Informacast Paging and Meraki Multicast

DekarColin
Comes here often

Informacast Paging and Meraki Multicast

I'm having trouble getting Multicast Traffic to work.

We are attempting to enable Multicast Routing so that our workstations receive paging in the event of an emergency, and we are using MS250's at our Test Site.

Configuration is as follows:

DekarColin_0-1690918473315.png

DekarColin_1-1690918591793.png

The Multicast Originator is directly connected to SW02, therefore we configured the Multicast Interfaces on this switch.

When we do a test page to a workstation on a VLAN other than the multicast originator's VLAN, they will receive a Notification Box, which means that they are getting the notification, but no audio is heard.

When the workstation is placed on the same VLAN as the multicast originator's VLAN, they receive the Notification Box, and the audio is heard.

My hunch is that I may have misconfigured the RP for this multicast stream, but I am uncertain if that is the issue.

Any tips or assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! 

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Follow this guide and I'm sure you will solve the problem.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Switching/Multicast-Basic-s/m-p/25867/highlight/true#M2125 

@PhilipDAth thank you for the documentation.

I'm still a little confused, I believe I have everything configured the way the post mentions.

It's still a little unclear to me, do I need to enable Multicast Routing on every switch in order for it to work?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels