IP SLA Functionality for Static Route Removal in MS Switches - Need API?

JasonSteig
New here

IP SLA Functionality for Static Route Removal in MS Switches - Need API?

Hello All,

I don't understand how the Meraki MS routing feature set doesn't include the IP SLA capability.  It severely hampers the ability to do failover from one firewall to another in two separate sites.  Basically, we have two main sites, each with its own MX firewall and internet provider.  If the MS core in one site loses connection to its firewall, then there is no way to get the Meraki MS to dynamically remove its static route to its own firewall.  This is fairly common and easy to do with Cisco IOS, with IP SLA and a floating static route.

How can I achieve this with an API?  Can an API be made that continuously pings a destination from an MS425 stack, and if that ping fails then a static route is dynamically deleted from the table and another static route is added?  Then when the ping returns the new static route is deleted and the original is added?  How would I be able to do this?  thanks

Jason

0 Replies 0
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels