High Rate of STP topology change

Meksoh
New here

High Rate of STP topology change

Hello,

I am seeing the error alert: High Rate of STP topology change. Nothing was changed in terms of STP configurations but we are having this error on all the switches on our network.

3 Replies 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

High rates of STP topology changes usually indicates an instability or changes in your L2 network.

It's very likely related ports coming up, going down or flapping.

Check the switch event logs to see what events are happening.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can check your physical connections to ensure they are in good condition.  If you’re connecting a Meraki switch to a Cisco network, both using the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), you might see this error. One solution suggested  is to configure your Cisco switch the MST.

High Rate of STP topology changes on port - The Meraki Community

Dashboard Alerts - Device Health - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Meksoh , this is normal behaviour.  These are your IP endpoints going to sleep and waking up as and when used.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels