HELP - Configuring LACP on online Links afterwards

whistleblower
Getting noticed

HELP - Configuring LACP on online Links afterwards

Hi all,

I´ve an urgent question regarding your experiences with the following scenario...

I noticed that 2 switch ports on the meraki switch are on the opposite side configured for a LACP LAG - the correct configuration should be a LAG but how should I fix that? regarding the official documentation the links should be connected after the Aggregation has been configured in dashboard, but that`s unfortunatley now not possible anymore?!

maybe someone has an experience and can tell me if it can also work with active ports?

thanks for any response

4 REPLIES 4
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hey,

You can always bundle or split ports into LACP port-channels when they are configured identically and are at the same operational speed.  So if you now have two 1gig ports that are online you can combine them without issue.

Only when there is a discrepancy in the config or if one port is at 100Mbps while the other is at 1000Mbps then you cannot combine them.

Also the port-channel has to be LACP.  It will not form any static bundles.

OK - but will there be an interruption for the productive enviroment? I´ve to say that this ports are used as uplinks for the meraki equipment (internet access) too... 😞

I haven't tried using a continuous ping but I have never noticed a drop of more than a second in connectivity when forming a port-channel.
The thing is that you are not shutting down ports but actually opening an secondary port so it is only STP convergence happening in the background.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also if the LACP fails to form, just bounce the ports one at a time in the Dashboard (which is likely unplugging and plugging them back in).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels