Flexible Stacking Over Aggregated Links

KiloBravo
Here to help

Flexible Stacking Over Aggregated Links

Hi,

I have two MS425 switches that I'd like to stack; these switches will be used for servers and connect directly to the core (a pair of stacked MS450 switches).

The MS425 have 2 x 40G QSFP+ interfaces for stacking *or* uplinking, no dedicated stacking ports at the rear (according to documentation) and 32 x 10G SFP+ fiber. This gives me two options:

1. Stack the switches using the 40G stack/uplink ports. Then use multiple 10G interfaces, aggregated and connected up to the core, can go up to 8 interfaces if I've read correctly. 
  2. LAG the 2 x 40G interfaces and connect up to the core, giving me 80G uplinks. Then Use the 10G interfaces to stack the switches.

My question is, with option 2, am I limited to 2 x 10G interfaces to stack with? or can i aggregate multiple interfaces on each switch and then use the aggregate's as stack links?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately stacked ports cannot be aggregated

2019-06-27 12_00_05-Clipboard.pngd.

Thanks for confirming. Looks like I'll be using the 2x40G  for up-links and 2x10G for flexible stacking then. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels