Feature Request - Port Profile Improvement

nerdocrat
Here to help

Feature Request - Port Profile Improvement

I submitted a feature request and have already seen people post about this, but I wanted to create more visibility on the issue.

Currently, when someone applies a port profile to a port, the network's Switch Ports page does not reflect the new information (i.e. VLAN number). Instead, the network's Switch Ports page displays the port's individual settings, specifically showing the individually assigned VLAN. At best, this is misleading information; at worst, it is patently false information that causes confusion when troubleshooting future endpoint connectivity issues.

When applying a port profile, the Meraki Dashboard should reflect the new configuration in all salient areas. It’s fine to have a symbol or other indicator that shows the current application of a port profile; this is valuable information that needs to be reflected in the portal.

Please make fixing this a priority.

Thank you

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This seems very sensible to me.

M2
Conversationalist

Agreed! And why is the MS390 excluded from port profiles?

TechDeck
New here

Thanks for submitted. We have discovered this as well and I agree on how confusing and annoying it can be.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels