EOL information required for MS425

AB1983
New here

EOL information required for MS425

I need to know whether EOL date announcement has been done for MS425-16-HW/MS425-32-HW switches.

Thank you.

Regards,

Arpan Banerjee

12 Replies 12
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

An EOL announcement has not been made for the MS425 series.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't see that coming any time soon.
There is no replacement product for those downlink speeds.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

OK this aged like milk 😉

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Correct, no related notifications for MS425.

To  @GIdenJoe 's point, there is now some capabiltity overlap, with the advent of C9300X-M - the 12 and 24 port SFP28 models:   https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/MS_Overview_and_Specifications/Catalyst_9300X-M_Datasheet#Models

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

True, but I would rather compare the MS425 to a C9500 since the stacking can be remote.  If everything is in the same closet and you can tolerate some outage during upgrades then sure I would fully agree.

I also heard Meraki would be keeping their own product models too.

My own point is more about that there isn't for example a 'MS435' model that expands on the features of the MS425 so it would be strange if Meraki would EOS the MS425.

Only when Meraki would fully support C9500, C9300 and C9200 natively I could see a scenario where current models could be EOS'd.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@GIdenJoe I'm thinking that the C9x00 models will be natively supported in the next year or so.  Until then I can't see any more of the existing MS switches going end of life, perhaps with the exception of the MS125s as the MS130s seem to have replaced them in my mind...

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We are in a strange area now where the C9300 is the main platform supporting adaptive policy.  You could also use the MS130 in the future but those models are not stackable and a no go for me in most of my customer cases.  So I'm waiting for full support on the C9200 range or if Meraki would release an MS230 range.  Because the C9300 range is a bit expensive for most of my customers 😉

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think the 9200s will be supported with an upcoming native IOS-XE build.  Hopefully that'll be this year, but more likely to be 2025 as I'd guess that the 9300s would be first.

Prestont
Conversationalist

i would reach out to who your purchase your equipment from and ask them for a road map update. I was going to buy some more MS425-16-HW but have since pivoted to a couple of 9300X's. also, I have heard that Meraki will have some announcements sometime in the next couple of weeks. 

Brewer
Conversationalist

Brewer_0-1712251835653.png

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's just like they knew 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels