Digital Optical Monitoring: Receive Power CRITICAL for SFP+ in Loop Guard (MS130-8X)

RWelch
Building a reputation

Digital Optical Monitoring: Receive Power CRITICAL for SFP+ in Loop Guard (MS130-8X)

Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 19.40.57.png

image.png

I am curious IF this is expected reading for a MS130-8X SFP Loop Guard STP setting?  The receive power shows critical.  Is that because the port is in loop guard mode?  

I've swapped SFP+ modules to test a different SFP+ module and continue to get same "critical" reading.  Or how often do the sensor settings refresh?  Perhaps SFP+ module # 2 that I tested is OK but I've not yet waited long enough for it to provide an updated reading. 

Firmware: MS 17.1.1
Model: MS130-8X

Thanks for any feedback you might provide.

RWelch

2 Replies 2
RWelch
Building a reputation

I just found it in the documentation: The dashboard periodically polls for SFP telemetry every 5 minutes.

And the module updated as well - appears the SFP+ module #1 was bad as #2 is getting good specs/readings.

Arthamon
Getting noticed

Thank you for posting your findings, was curious about this myself. Hadn't read the docs yet.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels