Different license levels between MX and MS?

Solved
MattW
Conversationalist

Different license levels between MX and MS?

Hello,

In our office we have an MX with Advanced/SDW licensing and a couple of MRs with Advanced licensing.

We are looking to replace our existing L2 Juniper switch with an MS130.

Our disti has provided quotes for Enterprise and Advanced licensing but according to this link...

Meraki MS Subscription Licensing - Cisco Meraki Documentation

...the advanced licensing is only available on C9300 and MS390 switches??

So before I pull the trigger on the Enterprise (not the more expensive advanced), I wanted to make sure that there will be no compatibility issues with an MX and MRs running advanced and a new MS running Enterprise.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Matt.

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There won't be a compatibility issue with the MX and MR running advanced licenses. You just won't get the features the advanced licenses offers for MS.

One thing to be aware of is that the MS130 X and R models support adaptive policy (an advanced licenses feature) but is available to enterprise licenses customers at the moment while it's in early access.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Adaptive_Policy_Overv...:

There are other planned features to come out for advanced licenses too but I don't believe they have dropped yet.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There won't be a compatibility issue with the MX and MR running advanced licenses. You just won't get the features the advanced licenses offers for MS.

One thing to be aware of is that the MS130 X and R models support adaptive policy (an advanced licenses feature) but is available to enterprise licenses customers at the moment while it's in early access.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Adaptive_Policy_Overv...:

There are other planned features to come out for advanced licenses too but I don't believe they have dropped yet.

MartinLL
Getting noticed

No issues running adv on MX and AP and enterprise on switches. Advanced for switches unlocks adaptive policy (trustsec).

MattW
Conversationalist

Thank you @Brash and @MartinLL, that's great!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels