Dante VC mic not working across Meraki network

NOS48
Here to help

Dante VC mic not working across Meraki network

Hi,

I have a Meraki network, end to end, with a new Dante VC setup.  All seems to be working fine other than the Microphones.  The kit has been checked and double checked and it has been suggested to me to setup an IGMP querier, which I have done (via this link-Configuring Meraki Switches for Shure Devices and Dante/AES67).

However, it doesn't seem to have made any difference.  I didn't follow the process for defining the QSO>COS assignments, as Meraki seems to have a level of them already configured.  Also, I was unsure on the exact process and didn't want to just start messing with a live network.

Has anyone else come across this issue before, and resolved?

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check it out.

Solved: PTP Dante not working over stretched vlan - The Meraki Community

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you.  I did see this post and I had run through the process detailed, already.  However, it's not made any difference.  I'm now wondering if there's a strange anomaly with this VC kit and how it's interacting with the Meraki kit.  It just makes no sense...I suspect I may need to run this past the Meraki support team

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you created the IGMP querier on the VLAN that the microphones are on?

Are the microphones and the VC main unit on the same VLAN?

How many switches do you have and how are they linked?

NOS48
Here to help

Yes, I created the IGMP querier and the microphone is on the same VLAN as the querier.

The microphone and VC main controller are also on the same VLAN.

We have 5 switches, the core switches are linked by an aggregation link and the others just by a single trunk link back to the core. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the IGMP querier on the switch that the mic is plugged into?

NOS48
Here to help

Yes, the IGMP querier and the mic are on the same switch.  It's an edge switch, with a trunk link back to the core.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tested this on a switch other than Meraki? Just to isolate the problem.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What model is the edge switch?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels