DNS Misconfiguration

SOLVED
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

DNS Misconfiguration

I have the dreaded DNS misconfiguration errors on one of my switches, it started after I split two aggregated ports on two switches connected in a stack. One switch is fine the other has a DNS issue now. They are both using exactly the same DNS and on the same subnet which is our switch mgmt subnet so there are no firewall rules blocking DNS or anything else for that matter. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 7.50.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-20 at 7.50.17 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If it was me I would factory reset it.  The config sounds messed up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sometimes that happens after a change.  I assume you've waited a while, and it is still happening?

I bet if you give it more time the error will clear on its own.

Can you ping something like www.google.com (which will cause a DNS lookup to occur)?

@PhilipDAth  Yip have waited since 4.00pm yesterday, have rebooted the switch first thing this morning and that hasn't helped.  I cannot actually ping the switch anymore either which is concerning.  Its also not responding to dashboard commands. 

If it was me I would factory reset it.  The config sounds messed up.

@PhilipDAth  Yip thats my next step. Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels