DHCP Relay Bug

Sysad
Comes here often

DHCP Relay Bug

Is anyone else experiencing issues with a DHCP relay bug with Stable Firmware MS14.32? We recently updated our MS350 stack from MS12.17 to MS14.32 and we are now having DHCP issues with our windows workstations. *Note: we did not have this issue with MS12.17. Everything works fine if the windows client is assigned a static ip, but if they are not assigned a static ip, then they have issues renewing there IP address. In some cases the windows device may receive an Apipa 169 address. Is this issue resolved in MS14.33 or MS14.33.1?

12 REPLIES 12
Aaron_Wilson
A model citizen

There is this known bug, which I'm not 100% sure if you are hitting:

"In rare instances, DAI inspection may fail to snoop DHCP transactions on stacks leading to those clients being in a blocked state"

It appears resolved in 15.4.

Otherwise the published DHCP bugs are related to the MS390

Interesting. We have dai disabled in our environment. Do you think that this could still be causing some kind of quirky issue in the background with the dhcp requests.

Probably not related, but seemed to be the only public known bug for DHCP.

Is your DHCP server local or across the WAN?

Local dhcp server.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I had an issue a bit like this on an MS350 stack where the switch was doing the routing.  Just a single VLAN was affected.  It got resolved in a firmware update.  I'm not sure which one now, but note the current stable version is 14.33.1, and not 14.32.  14.32 has been already been removed.

Sysad
Comes here often

Phillip,

which version of firmware did you upgrade to?

Also, do you have DAI disabled?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Upgraded to 14.33, and not using DAI.

Sysad
Comes here often

Thank you Philip. I will try to get the firmware upgraded. Did you have any other issues with MS14.33 on the MS350?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No issues with 14.33.

And this only affected a single MS350 stack.  All other MS350 stacks were fine.

Sysad
Comes here often

Thank you Philip. Do you have multiple co-located offices with MS350 stacks setup at each location?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just a single MS350 stack at each location and only one location had this issue.

Sysad
Comes here often

Sounds good. Thanks again Philip. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to speak with me about the issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels