Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crestron DM-NVX Video Distribution

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Crestron DM-NVX Video Distribution

Hi all,

I'm from a residential technology integrator and we use Crestron DM-NVX for IP video distribution. I'd like to start use MS switches but Crestron currently state:

"Compatibility issues with Meraki and DM NVX have been reported. Crestron is working with Cisco to identify and address the issues. We are sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused."

Has anyone overcome these issues or know of progress on firmware fixes for this?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Re: Crestron DM-NVX Video Distribution

Are you able to say what those issues are?

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Hi Philip, thanks for the quick response,

i haven't seen any issues first hand but want to get ahead of the curve to have confidence in specifying MS's for upcoming projects.

From what i can see on Crestron forums, people are having slow switch times & picture drop-outs which they seem to think is down to IGMP support of the switches.

i'd love to have a bit more info info to give you but thats all i've found on my resarch so far.

Thank you

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Is this being routed across VLANs, or IGMP within a VLAN?

Highlighted
Conversationalist

In our case 99% of the time the IP video distribution will be on a single VLAN but potentially several switches in a physical stack.

There will always be an MX in place so i can put any inter-vlan firewalls rules we need

Highlighted
New here

I'm in a similar situation where the client requested Meraki to be managed by their IT department, and we have NVX specified. Trying to verify compatibility is a challenge. Crestron informed me that there's a compatibility issue with Meraki with regards to multicast IMGP Fast Leave. Meraki said Fast Leave is on by default. Crestron recommended going through the Cisco configuration guide and compare with Meraki. I did that and all the settings seem to match up. I don't want to order a bunch of Meraki switches if they won't work, yet I can't seem to get an answer on this.

Highlighted
Comes here often

We are in a similar situation. MS switches providing a Layer2 transport for NVX Transmitters and Receivers. Anything more than 1 Transmitter and we lose all video and cannot ping controllers. Any update please from Cisco?

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.