Cisco 9200/9300 Onboarding to Meraki Dashboard Monitoring

Solved
Basha1996
Here to help

Cisco 9200/9300 Onboarding to Meraki Dashboard Monitoring

Hello Team,

We support a customer network who has different SDWAN Solution, however they have multiple Cisco 9300/9200 switches in their Network. I could see that we can onboard Cisco Cat 9K switches to Meraki dashboard monitoring, however I need to know to add these Cat 9K switches to dashboard monitoring do the customer need to purchase any license or to pay for Meraki as they don't have any Meraki devices just Cisco 9K Switches. 

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Nope

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
thaack
Getting noticed

Cloud Monitoring for Catalyst Onboarding documentation 

To utilize Cloud Monitoring, all Catalyst switches that will be added to the dashboard must have an active DNA Essentials or DNA Advantage license

Thanks for the update. The switches do have the license and I have checked the eligible details in meraki documentation. In order to use the Meraki dashboard account, do we need pay additionally to Meraki support.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Eligible Catalyst Devices

Cloud monitoring for Catalyst currently supports the following hardware and software:

https://documentation.meraki.com/Cloud_Monitoring_for_Catalyst/Onboarding/Cloud_Monitoring_for_Catal...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

To utilize Cloud Monitoring, all Catalyst switches that will be added to the dashboard must have an active DNA Essentials or DNA Advantage license. From there, dashboard will configure the necessary services on your Catalyst device to enable cloud monitoring. See Cloud Monitoring Detailed Device Configurations for additional details.

Basha1996
Here to help

Thanks for the update. The switches do have the license and I have checked the eligible details in meraki documentation. In order to use the Meraki dashboard account, do we need pay additionally to Meraki support.

Nope

Thank you so much, We will try creating a dashboard account and add one switch into monitoring. Will let you know how it goes. 

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Basha1996 , should you wish to take it one step further into Management mode then this information will help:

https://meraki.cisco.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/quick-start-migrating-switching-DNA-management-m...

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hi @DarrenOC  Thanks for sharing documentation, we will try this one too.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels