Catalyst Meraki Monitoring Stack Failover Issues

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Catalyst Meraki Monitoring Stack Failover Issues

I'm setting up a Catalyst 9500 stack with Meraki monitoring and have noticed a strange issue:

Whenever I perform a failover (power pull or CLI) to the second switch in the stack, it is never able to connect to the Meraki dashboard. The TLS Tunnel always shows down and the switch shows offline in the dashboard.

As soon as I switch back to switch 1, the tunnel is re-established, the Meraki user logs in and the device comes back online in the Meraki dashboard.

Has anyone else encountered this behaviour?

I'm planning to raise it with support but am working through some other issues first related to unexpected crashes seemingly caused by the Meraki TLS Tunnel.

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Firmware up to date on the 9500 stack?

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Running the 'Cisco recommended' (starred release) 17.6.4.

Tried an upgrade to 17.6.5 as well.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Catalyst licensing up to date and activated?

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Licensing is DNA Advantage and is activated and we'll in date.

I actually dug a bit further on this and it turns out that there's a few different issues occurring.

On failover, the tunnel does actually establish within a minute or so, but it takes ~20 minutes for the status to true up in the dashboard. In the meantime, if another failover occurs, the tunnel then fails to come up and will sometimes crash the switch.

I've got cases open with both Cisco TAC and Meraki so hoping we'll be able to get it sorted. Just interested to see if anyone else using the feature has seen similar.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels