Cannot Access Local Status Page after MS120 Reset

Solved
TonyLi
Here to help

Cannot Access Local Status Page after MS120 Reset

I have performed factory reset for MS120.

Instead of Power LED turns off after all LED blinking for around 15 seconds, it turns orange. I release the Reset button right after it turns orange. After that, I am not able to visit http://1.1.1.100 from my PC at 1.1.1.99 via any LAN port.

There no packet sent back to my PC according to the ethernet adapter status. From Wireshark, I notice that MS120 keeps requesting ARP resolution for 8.8.8.8 from 1.1.1.1, which is different from 1.1.1.100.

I have also tried to visit 192.168.128.3, which is the management IP before reset, also no luck. Both webpage and Ping are failed. Appreciate that if any one has experience for similar issue.

1 Accepted Solution

I have connected a router running DHCP pool, I can ping it with with its DHCP-assigned IP. and make it connected to Meraki cloud. It seems only the Local Status page is not working here.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Don't you have a local DHCP server to the MS gets a IP address?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I have connected a router running DHCP pool, I can ping it with with its DHCP-assigned IP. and make it connected to Meraki cloud. It seems only the Local Status page is not working here.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It sounds like you have a dead MS120 to me.  I would raise a support case and get an RMA unit.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels