Can Flow Data be excluded from SNMP polls?

thestatic1982
Here to help

Can Flow Data be excluded from SNMP polls?

I have a customer that is polling devices with SNMP.  They asked if we could disable NetFlow.  I've disabled Traffic Analysis, but this appears to disable the traffic analysis visibility in the Dashboard as opposed to disabling NetFlow collection. The customer complains that they still receive Netflow data.  I believe that their only resolve would be to adjust the OID that they are polling, but I'm not 100% certain. 

Edit:

I edited the title to be more accurate to the question.  I apologize for any confusion that may have caused. 

4 REPLIES 4
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You're looking on the right page, you just didn't scroll down far enough. Under Network-wide > General, there's a Netflow section towards the bottom of the page.

image.png

I do not have this option.  I'm not sure why.

Netflow is only avaialble on MX/Z devices, do if you're looking at a network that doesn't contain those types then it probably won't be there. 

I think I've got a better description of this issue and know how to solve it now.  With meraki, I cannot configure an SNMP View as I would in a Cisco router.  There is no way for me to prevent the customer from viewing any SNMP data that is available which contains information about the flows that are going through the device.  I believe the correct response is to tell the customer to stop polling OIDs that they are not interested in.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels